An Adelaide project has won awards across multiple categories at the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) State Awards for Excellence.
The Blakes Crossing project by Lendlease won the Masterplanned Development, Environmental Excellence, and Marketing Excellence awards.
It also won the prestigious President’s Award having demonstrated outstanding achievement and the highest standard of practice across important aspects of urban design.
Blakes Crossing is a 98 hectare, 1,500 lot master planned community with generous public open space in Adelaide’s north, located on the eastern side of Main North Road in Blakeview.
The Blakes Crossing project included:
- A walkable and well-connected community
- A growing Village Centre including Woolworths, ALDI and specialty shops, a reception to year twelve Private School, childcare and early learning centre
- Housing choice and opportunities for a wide range of prospective purchasers including an innovative approach to affordable housing – YoYo at Blakes Crossing – that integrates 57 medium density homes into the Town Centre precinct
- Wide open and active spaces including linear reserves, lake, oval and adventure playground
- A 2.7Ha, $2.2 million adventure playground and oval
- Aquifer Storage and Reuse stormwater infrastructure connected to the City of Playford’s system, that feeds into the Central Park Lake and is used to irrigate the green spaces
- Future recycled water infrastructure
General Manager of Lendlease’s Communities business in South Australia and Victoria, Neil O’Connor, said the business was very proud about what had been delivered at Blakes Crossing.
“At Blakes Crossing our team has created a place with the ideal mix of country tranquillity and urban convenience that people feel a part of and aspire to call home,” Mr O’Connor said.
“Our passion for planning for the next generation has seen the implementation of important sustainable infrastructure along with community amenity.
“Plus our strategy to implement a range of different housing choices provides a wide range of quality, yet affordable home options to meet the diverse lifestyles, needs and budgets of people and families of all ages.
“The development and delivery of Blakes Crossing involved a concerted effort by the project team, City of Playford as well as our consultants and building partners.”