A Metro Train that began sparking due to faulty wiring 600m from Melbourne’s Flinders Street station saw approximately 30 passengers escorted off the train on 3 August 2017.
The incident came less than a month after a technical failure forced the shutdown of the entire train network during peak hour.
A spokeswoman for Metro said, “It was an overhead wire issue, it was electrical, the train was not on fire.
“We can understand from seeing that footage it does look quite confronting but there was absolutely no risk at all to our passengers.”
The train was stopped between Batman Ave and Flinders Street Station, on the Sandringham line.