From 6 October 2017, Darwin Port has decided to modernise the payment process for its induction system to credit card only terms to lower the costs of processing and allowing the port to maintain the current fees payable.
This change means that port users will be required to pay for the Darwin Port Induction System process before being eligible to complete the induction and collect the Port Entry Pass.
Benefits to an instant prepayment system include:
- Continue to maintain the current fee ($55.00 inc GST)
- Less administrative tasks and waste
- On request renewal passes can be ready for collection, reducing time off site
- Credit card information remains secure and confidential
- 12 month and one month induction options can be carried out at any time
Port users will be able to make the credit card payment following registration and where required, complete the induction later.
Darwin Port continues to work closely with port users to ensure that the safety, security and environmental operational information provided in the Induction is current and relevant for all persons entering the port.