The Northern Territory Government will provide $6.2 million in funding for seven projects to improve community sporting infrastructure in Alice Springs.
Mayor, Damien Ryan, said the Alice Springs Town Council’s Sport Facility Advisory Committee consulted with sporting groups and associations to determine the priorities for Alice Springs.
“I welcome this announcement as it allows council to upgrade facilities used by a broad cross-section of our sporting community,” Mr Ryan said.
The priorities include:
- Resurface of the hockey pitch at Traeger Avenue
- Evaporative cooler and fans at the Alice Springs Basketball Centre
- Jim McConville oval change rooms and canteen facility
- Ross Park change room and canteen
- Flynn Drive oval facility rebuild, storage and canteen
- Rhonda Diano oval upgrades to track and field amenities
- Albrecht oval additional change room and storage