The root cause of most roadway failures is drainage, drainage, drainage. John MacAdam said in 1820, “Experience has shown that if water passes through a road and fills the native soil, the road whatever its thickness, loses support and goes to pieces.” By adopting this simple advice, you’ll be much closer towards the goal of better, longer lasting roads.
Generally, time tested and proven road stabilisation is carried out using lime or cement stabilisation. These additives have worked well for many years, although there has always been some niggling issues such as cracking, shrinkage, rocking of stabilised areas (patches ending up non flexible or brittle) and OHS issues when handling cement or lime.
Environmentally, cement or lime may not be the best choice either as they both require large amounts of water. They both however have their place and are valuable in the industry.
The alternative that is becoming widely accepted around Australia is the 2kg pack of PolyCom Stabilising Aid, shown below.
Australian Made PolyCom Stabilising Aid
PolyCom benefits at a glance
- OHS compliant
- Considerable water savings
- Can be used with non-potable water
- Environmentally compliant
- Reduced use of natural resources
- Reduced sediment run off from roads
- Less trucking by using in-situ material
- Considerable reduction in fuel use
- Reduces mud and dust
- Makes roads less slippery when wet
- No need for special machinery
- Local knowledge and backup
- Simple to use with ongoing, on site training provided
The advantages of PolyCom:
- A single pack will treat 50 cubic metres of compacted road material
- Field proven over 16 years
- 1000 times less PolyCom is required than cement or lime at 2% mix design to achieve similar results
- Flexible pavement created with high CBR values, not rigid or brittle
- No block cracking
- No OHS or environment issues
- No requirement for costly spreader trucks, bulk tankers or heavy lifting of bags
- 50% less water requirement equals time saved carting and placing water
- Easy spreading with a small custom made hand held or 12v device fitted to work ute determined by size of patch
- Training and support provided on site as required at no cost
- Recyclable packaging that is easy and clean to handle
- No time limit on workability and can be re worked at any time as required
- Works in all kinds of materials normally found in failed road patches like clay, sandy clay, crushed rock and pit gravels, reclaimed asphalt and more
- Can be sealed immediately and takes a seal well with better adhesion properties
- No special mix designs or complex lab testing required to get results
Fully backed up by on-site advice and training by our experienced operators that will make your works simple faster and more efficient. To find out more, call us on 1800 790 907, or visit https://www.roadmaker.