Bringing together the entire road transport ecosystem and creating massive opportunities for the Roads, Traffic & Infrastructure industry, the National Roads & Traffic Expo is a free event taking place on 17-18 September 2019 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
With major projects underway or in the pipeline and the new Federal Government budget granting $100 billion spend on infrastructure over the next 10 years, the National Roads & Traffic Expo is a central meeting place, bringing the industry together under one roof, to make the most of the opportunities prevalent across the infrastructure sector today.
The show unites road agencies, operators, industry leaders and innovators and provides these key organisations with a platform to meet, network and engage with the industry.
Michael McCormack, the Federal Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development, said the new infrastructure plan with a $100 billion spend is designed to help manage Australia’s growing population, meet the national freight challenge and improve road safety.
‘Future-proofing’ the infrastructure industry
The show’s main mission is to future-proof infrastructure, link rural and urban areas, ease traffic congestion and improve road safety and efficiency.
In turn, this will facilitate business opportunities, create jobs, and enable connected and autonomous vehicles.
Market leaders and experts from across the country will attend the event to do business and get up-to-speed with the latest developments in the fields of infrastructure, traffic management, smart mobility, parking, safety and active transport.
With more than 200 exhibitors lined up, the event features 12,000 square metres of exhibition space for new product launches and live demonstrations. Attendees have the opportunity to walk the Expo floor and explore the latest products, services and technologies from market leaders such as Fulton Hogan, Delta, Here, Intelematics, Knorr-Bremse, SSAB, Sherwin-Williams, Nearmap Global Road Maintenance Systems and Fleetcare, just to name a few.
One of the shows major draw cards, is its emphasis on knowledge sharing. Hear from experts in leading institutions such as VicRoads, Transurban, ARRB, Infrastructure Victoria, Infrastructure NSW, Roads & Maritime Services, Austroads, Telstra and Uber discussing stimulating topics such as:
- Digital transformation in transport – Using emerging technologies to realise insight & deliver new services – Dale Andrea, Chief Information Officer, VicRoads
- Defining the ITS strategy and roadmap for Transurban – Jeff Dusting, Head of ITS Engineering Strategy and Innovation, Transurban
- National Transport Research Plan – Michael Caltabiano, CEO, ARRB
- Automated and zero emissions vehicles infrastructure advice, Dr Jonathan Spear, Executive Director and General Counsel, Infrastructure Victoria
- Transport asset management – Lessons learnt in managing maintenance backlog – Rami Affan, Executive Director, Asset Management, Infrastructure NSW
- Preparing Sydney’s road network for electric vehicles and automated vehicles – John Hardwick, Executive Director, Sydney, NSW RMS
- Research from largest Australian CAV initiative – John Wall, Program Manager Connected & Automated Vehicle, Austroads
- Australia’s C-ITS ecosystem leveraging 4G/5G Cellular V2X technology – Jamie Smith, Business Development Executive – SMART Transport, Telstra
- Technology and the future of transportation – Matthew Horn, Head of Victoria and Tasmania, Uber
Innovation and start-ups:
With the explosion of new and innovative companies over the past twelve months, the National Roads & Traffic Expo presents one of the biggest opportunities in the country for Start-Up companies to join the Innovation & Start-Up Zone and participate in the Start-Up Summit Pitch Fest.
Judged by Steve Baxter, CEO & Investor, Transition Level Investments and Shark Tank and Stephanie Salter, Director, Future Transport Digital Accelerator, Transport for NSW. Additional judges to be announced soon! Visitors also have the chance to meet ground-breaking start-ups in the industry.
Australia’s BIG Infrastructure Summit
Just announced – Australia’s BIG Infrastructure Summit will be running alongside the National Roads & Traffic Expo. The BIG Infrastructure Summit is Australia’s premier C-level meet-up for planners, investors, contractors and policy-makers involved in city development, transport infrastructure, real estate and economic growth.
Hosted in conjunction with the National Roads & Traffic Expo, the BIG Infrastructure Summit is a bookable and paid VIP conference that runs alongside the free National Roads & Traffic trade show and seminars.
Registrations will open in June 2019.
Want to attend?
Don’t miss this opportunity to access to 280 FREE educational seminars running across 6 theatres over two days and your chance to see live demos of technology and equipment. Registration to attend is free! Register now.
Want to Exhibit?
If your company provides solutions to the Road, Traffic & Infrastructure sector, get in contact with National Roads & Traffic team on 02 8908 8555 or click here to talk to the team for more information.