In light of recent news from Infrastructure Australia urging that more must be done to maintain and enhance Australia’s quality of life and economic efficiency, now is an opportune time for the National Roads & Traffic Expo to take place.
With $600 billion of spending needed over the next 15 years to support Australia’s population and construction boom and to also assist with congestion busting, the National Roads & Traffic Expo presents one of the biggest opportunities in the country.
The FREE trade show and seminar sessions unites road agencies, operators, industry leaders and innovators, providing these key organisations a platform to meet, network and engage.
Market leaders and experts from across the country will attend to do business and get up-to-speed with the latest developments in infrastructure, traffic management, smart mobility, parking, safety and active transport.
The show’s main mission is to future-proof infrastructure, link rural and urban areas, ease traffic congestion and improve road safety and efficiency. In turn, this will facilitate business opportunities, create jobs, and enable connected and autonomous vehicles.
With more than 200 exhibitors lined up, the event features 12,000 square metres of exhibition space for new product launches and live demonstrations. Attendees can walk the Expo floor and explore the latest products, services and technologies from market leaders such as Fulton Hogan, Komatsu, Boral, Nearmap, Fleetcare, Global Road Maintenance Systems, Mitsubishi Motors, Delta, Here, Intelematics, SSAB and Innov8 Equipment, just to name a few.
Hear from experts in leading institutions such as VicRoads, Transurban, ITS Australia, ARRB, AustCyber, Infrastructure NSW, Transport Accident Commission and Roads & Maritime Services discussing stimulating topics such as:
- Digital transformation in transport – Using emerging technologies to realise insight & deliver new services – Dale Andrea, Chief Information Officer, VicRoads
- Major project design and engineering Victoria – Collette Burke, Victorian Chief Engineer, Office of Projects Victoria
- Defining the ITS strategy and roadmap for Transurban – Jeff Dusting, Head of ITS Engineering Strategy and Innovation, Transurban
- Transport innovation and ITS solutions – Susan Harris, CEO, ITS Australia
- National Transport Research Plan – Michael Caltabiano, CEO, ARRB
- Overcoming cybersecurity and hacking threats for roads and traffic industry – Michelle Price, CEO, AustCyber
- Transport asset management – Lessons learnt in managing maintenance backlog – Rami Affan, Executive Director, Asset Management, Infrastructure NSW
- Victorian Government’s Towards Zero Program – Samantha Cockfiled, Manager, Road Safety, Transport Accident Commission
- Preparing Sydney’s road network for electric vehicles and automated vehicles – John Hardwick, Executive Director, Sydney, NSW RMS
Innovation and start-ups
With the explosion of new and innovative companies over the past twelve months, over 30 start-up companies will join the Innovation & Start-Up Zone and participate in the Pitch Fest where attendees can hear pitches judged by a highly experienced panel including:
- Steve Baxter, CEO & Investor, Transition Level Investments and Shark Tank
- Stephanie Salter, Director, Future Transport Digital Accelerator, Transport for NSW
- Dr Kate Cornick, CEO, Launch Vic
- Emily Rich, Managing Director Start-ups, Microsoft
- Trevor Folsom, Co-Founder and Chairman, Investible
Want to attend the National Roads & Traffic Expo?
Don’t miss this opportunity to access to 200 FREE educational seminars running across seven theatres over two days and your chance to see live demos of technology and equipment. Registration to attend is FREE! Register now.
You can also download the official 2019 show guide here.
BIG Infrastructure Summit
Australia’s BIG Infrastructure Summit is a paid VIP conference running alongside the National Roads & Traffic Expo and is a premier C-level meet-up for planners, investors, contractors and policy-makers involved in city development, transport infrastructure, real estate and economic growth.
Delegates will participate in a discussion platform for executive industry decision makers where they will be privy to announcements and analysis of major infrastructure projects around the country.
View the full list of speakers and take your first look at the agenda here.
Want to attend the BIG Infrastructure Summit? Register now! Use the code ABIS30IM to save BIG.
This partner content is brought to you by Terrapinn. For more information about the National Roads & Traffic Expo and the BIG Infrastructure Summit, visit terrapinn.com/exhibition/road-traffic-expo.