The NSW Roads and Maritime Services has identified a preferred route for the 14km four-lane Coffs Harbour Bypass.
The Coffs Harbour Bypass seeks to:
- Bypass Coffs Harbour between Englands Road and Korora Hill and upgrade the existing Pacific Highway between Korora Hill and the dual carriageway highway at Sapphire
- Provide grade separated interchanges at Englands Road, Coramba Road and Korora Hill
- Cross the ridges at Roberts Hill, Shephards Lane and Gatelys Road with three tunnels
- Provide structures to pass over local roads, creeks and the North Coast Railway
- Provide tie-ins and modifications to the local road network, pedestrian and cycling facilities and fauna crossing structures
- Implement noise attenuation measures
- Undertake ancillary work to facilitate the construction and operation of the proposal
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is seeking community feedback on the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the project.
The Department’s Executive Director, Infrastructure Assessments, David Gainsford, said community input is a vital part of the planning process and encouraged everyone to have their say.
“Our role is to assess this infrastructure proposal in consultation with local people, government agencies and stakeholders.”
Following the 27 October, the Department will consider all community submissions received, along with feedback from other government agencies and council, as part of its independent assessment process.
Roads and Maritime Services will be asked to provide a response to issues raised in submissions on the proposal.