Melbourne will play host to Connect Rail 2023, an exciting multi-staged conference and exhibition taking place on 5-6 September at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Informa Connect Australia, organiser of a host of rail events including Heavy Haul Rail, Urban Rail, and New Zealand Rail, is excited for the future of rail, with rail technology, sustainability, skills, maintenance, and decarbonisation featuring heavily in the packed 80+ speaker program.
“We wanted to offer a deep dive into the areas that industry has identified as the priorities needed to meet future demands and showcase the many exciting advancements and success stories to date. In our research, stakeholders have highlighted that technological developments, decarbonisation, and skilling were at the forefront of discussions,” said Tina Karas, Connect Rail’s program director.
To supplement this new need for sustainability, Connect Rail is co-located with the 2nd Annual Rail Decarbonisation Conference, meaning a ticket to either, grants you access to all the sessions taking place at both events.
“It’s sometimes those serendipitous meetings that lead to a breakthrough and we wanted to create an atmosphere that was conducive to incredible networking by ensuring attendees from all aspects of rail had a chance to learn and share stories with each other in the one place. That’s why we have all three conference stages on the show floor within the exhibition area and all-day catering. We didn’t want people to lose time and miss opportunities by walking back and forth to conference rooms,” Ms. Karas added.
The program features two days of keynote addresses and insightful panel discussions. Key program highlights include:
- International Keynote from HS1’s Richard Thorp, talking high-speed rail
- Keynote presentation from Jacqui Walters, National Rail Manufacturing Advocate, Rail Industry Innovation Council, discussing; The National Rail Manufacturing Plan and the Office of National Rail Industry Coordination – Helping the growth of a safe, fast, and sustainable rail industry
- Government Keynote from Josh Bull MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Level Crossing Removals, Victoria
- Skilling Australia’s digital future, delivered by Patrick Kidd OBE, CEO, Digital Skills Organisation (DSO)
- Technology insights and updates from; Wabtec, Siemens Mobility Australia and New Zealand
- Project updates from; Victoria’s Digital Build, Suburban Rail Loop Authority, Dept of Transport and Planning, Victoria, Cross River Rail and more
- Competitions to enter and win, including Rail TikTOC and NextGen Conference Scholarships
- And many more!
Make sure you check out the full program at www.connectrail.com
Infrastructure Magazine is a media partner of Connect Rail 2023.