- This event has passed.
Light Rail 2020
March 4 - March 5
Informa Australia and the Australasian Railway Association (ARA) are pleased to announce Light Rail 2020. Canberra has been selected as host city, following on from the highly anticipated and successful launch of stage one of the Light Rail network for our nation’s capital. The event will be held at the Hyatt Hotel on 4 and 5 March, 2020.
The conference will bring together operators, manufacturers, contractors and industry and government stakeholders of every level across the light rail sector to hear cutting-edge case studies, project updates and learn from successful projects in Australasia and the world. Across Australasian, light rail is reshaping the transport landscape and transforming the way we travel by offering smart solutions and completing multimodal connections. Light rail provides sustainable, smart and safe solutions to the congestion and capacity challenges currently faced by our cities and regions. With investment in light rail at record levels, now it is the time to build a long-term, strategic future that benefits all.
Topics will include:
- Project updates
- Finance, procurement and funding options
- Planning, design, delivery and asset management
- Customer engagement and experience: Ensuring passengers feel safe, confident, empowered and informed
- Data and disruption
- Signalling, communications, control systems and integration
- Meeting future passenger, traffic and network capacity needs
- Emerging technologies and designing the next generation of trams